Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fall J. Crew

While I'm still working on my next post involving my adventures in letterpress & bookbinding, I thought I'd share a few things that are on my Fall '09 J. Crew Wishlist.

click to enlarge (but only if you want to)
First Row: Slub cotton silk streamers tank, Scattered petals tank, Merino ethereal ruffle cardigan.
Second Row: Velvet Eden blazer, Navy wool schoolboy blazer, Stretch wool Olive dress.
Third Row: Charlie ruffled suede platform Mary Janes, Downtown trouser cord, Nottingham tall leather flat boots.
Fourth Row: Library necklace, Cheetah calf-hair belt, Scattered-locket necklace.

I will not be purchasing everything on my Fall '09 Wishlist (I added these items to my cart and it was equivalent to more than one month's rent!), but I am in love with most of the J. Crew Fall Catalog. I'm excited about their colors and choices of fabrics, and I really appreciate all the feminine details that they have put into their clothing. My one gripe with the company is that the quality of their clothing doesn't match their pricetags. While I have definitely curtailed my spending, there are still a few pieces that I will probably buy, including the merino cardigan, silk streamers tank, locket necklace, and hopefully the ruffle shoes (but I'll probably wait for the price to drop a bit on the shoes).

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I love the first day of the season when the air is crisp enough to wear a sweater, the brilliant shades of color that come with the changing leaves, the harvesting of wonderful fruits and vegetables and the delicious recipes that can be made as a result, the smell that creeps into the air that gently whispers, "it's fall."

While it's true that I love all seasons, fall in New England is special. It's the one time of year when I feel completely at ease and content. I have no idea why, but I always welcome it with open arms, and these clothes have me wishing this 90 degree, humid weather away!

What's your favorite season?


blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers