Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I carry your heart...

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

~ E. E. Cummings
I love this poem.  I do not, however, love Valentine's Day (the holiday, not the movie, because I think that I would actually like the movie).  I don't really see any point to naming one day out of the year to show the person you love that you actually do love them.  This should be every day.  It's just a holiday that was invented to sell things between Christmas and Easter, and makes a lot of people feel very lonely in the process.  Boooooo you, Valentine's Day Inventors. I'm not totally against it, because it is nice to do something sweet for someone you love, but I have always been disgusted with the amount of pressure placed on everyone to have "A Valentine" on Valentine's Day... so lame.

Anyway, if I did like Valentine's Day, I would probably like to give or (mainly) receive these things that I found on Etsy:

To be fair, I do really love all of the things that are shown here, even if Valentine's Day kind of sucks!
Romance Ring by GoldenSilver (I'm pretty much drooling over all of the rings in this shop)
 
 
  

 

Well, hopefully everyone is like me and takes the holiday with a grain of salt... or really goes all out and enjoys it.  Either way, I hope you all have fun celebrating (or not) this weekend*! 

* you'll probably hear from me before then, but just in case, have a great weekend.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers