Recent Posts

Monday, July 20, 2009

Farmhouse Inspired Bedside Tables

My Father-In-Law is one of the most talented men I have ever met. He designs and crafts some of the most beautiful wooden pieces I've ever seen, including these:




excuse the cords... I really need to find a way to hide them better. They ruin the whole thing!


The inspiration piece:


I can't get over how great they look! They're a bit lighter in these photos, because I had to adjust the lighting so you can see the details. I love how you can see the wood grain through the stain, and I think they're going to age beautifully. I haven't decided whether I'm going to keep the lanterns there or not. I think they look kind of small on the tables, but I can't bear to put them somewhere else...

I also need to change our comforter to this:



I just haven't gotten around to purchasing the king size (I have it in full, but we recently upgraded out mattress and I'm still trying to catch up on upgrading all of our bedding). The comforter on there now was one I bought awhile ago. I dumped it on there as a place holder, but it's much too heavy for summer and is currently driving me crazy in my sleep!

i labeled this as diy, because it technically is... i just didn't do it myself.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers