Recent Posts

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Erin Cooks.

I don't remember how I came upon this blog, but I love it. Erin Cooks is a food blog with the most unbelievably delicious pictures I've ever seen, plus she's from the Boston area, which automatically makes me like her! I'm not much of a baker or cook, but reading her blog really makes me want to get busy in the kitchen! I have yet to try out any of her recipes, but judging from the pictures, I'm sure they taste fabuloso!

I'm definitely going to try these raised doughnuts, once I get a bread maker (or borrow my mother in-law's)! These are making my mouth water right now... and if you're slightly hungry right now while reading this, I wouldn't recommend reading this post on her blog, because it will make you want to eat your own arm off. Seriously.



These toaster tarts look really simple, and I'm pretty sure that almost anyone could make them. Plus, they're easy to freeze, then heat up in the toaster on the go. And, they're really cute!



I literally had to wipe the drool off the corner of my mouth while reading up on these:



For those who don't know, I'm a carb queen. I cannot resist rolls, bagels, or bread of any sort, which is why James and I got into our biggest fight ever (and we hardly fight -- for real) when I was on Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet (no carbs at all!). He ordered pasta for dinner... I think I could probably have likened myself to an erupting Mount Vesuvius. It was scary...

This coconut cake (Sublime Coconut Cake, I should say) is her most recent endeavor, and it's a recipe from the book Too Many Cooks. The cake sounds delisioso (if you enjoy coconut), and I'm going to have to give it a go this summer... My last foray with baking cakes from scratch ended with sadly sunken cupcakes. :o( We'll see how this goes.

As a promotion, she's giving away a copy of Too Many Cooks to one lucky reader who comments on the post, so head on over and leave some comments!!





* All photos courtesy of Erin Cooks. Go check it out. seriously.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers