Recent Posts

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cambridge/Boston by car.

Boston is one of my very favorite places. It's such an interesting city, rich with history, yet relatively current. If you ever visit the city, you will see a mixture of the best and worst people you'll ever meet. I won't go into the number of reasons I love Boston, but I will say that summers in Boston are a horse of a different color. There are always things going on, people to see, things to do, places to go. The hatch shell hosts free concerts next to the Charles River all summer, and there are a myriad of things going on on the Common on any given day. Anyway...

As we were driving into the city Saturday night for dinner, we rolled all the windows down in the car to hear the free concert and take in the sights and sounds of Boston on a Saturday night in June. The Red Sox were out of town, so there was thankfully no traffic, and the air was a little crisp, but absolutely beautiful... just the way I like it.


image from here (i'm not this talented... or tall).

Dinner was good. We went to our favorite restaurant, Rustic Kitchen. I had Wild Mushroom Tagliatelle, and James had a Filet with Parmesan Truffle Fries and sauteed veggies. There were tons of people in the city that weekend, because it was the tail end of Pride Week, and everyone was out and about.

image from here.

On the ride home, I got a bit creative with my camera and took some photos of the Cambridge skyline as we drove home along the Charles:







I especially like the last one... probably because it reminds me of a merry-go-round, or amusement park ride...

I highly recommend Boston as a vacation destination to anyone that has never been. It has a little bit of everything, and is such a beautiful city. I think my favorite thing about it is that each season has its own beauty (and we definitely have four very distinct seasons), and you notice so many different aspects of the city at different times during the year.

Well, that's enough gushing for today...
blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers