Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Champagne Wishes and Pottery Barn Dreams...

Here are a few items that I hope to have... eventually.... when we have a house... eventually...



from here.

This is kind of exactly how I imagine our future bedroom in our future house in our future life. I love the dark wood against the light blue walls (p.s. i love blue walls and blue anything). And I think that the billowy fabric on top of the canopy is relaxing, but not too girly. I even like the sconces, even though the cords are not internally wired and are hanging down the wall all messy-like... ok, maybe I don't like the sconces entirely.

Right now, our bedroom is a gigantic embarrassment, which consists of a mattress and box spring on a California frame. I don't even want to say this out loud, but it's even a full size mattress... UGH the horror. I do, however, love the bedding I picked out:


from here.

Which is one of the only things that is keeping me sane. I have the Matine Toile quilt with a Classic Stripe duvet cover in porcelain blue. I bought these great sheets at Target from the Waverly Metro Collection (the sheets have been discontinued) that are ivory with a black Queen Anne's Lace silhouette pattern. The other thing I love about our bedroom is the artwork. When we were on our honeymoon, we stopped at a gallery in downtown Bar Harbor and bought some really pretty prints. We recently had them framed along with a hand-drawn map of the Outer Banks, NC (my favorite place for vacation), and a watercolor we received as a wedding gift, and hung them up to make it more "grown up" looking, and less "college" looking. We don't even have curtains up. gross.

And, speaking of offices... this is what I am coveting most of all right now (the pictures are all of the same desk):


from here.

I would be so much more productive if I had this work station. I would just sit there, even when I didn't have anything to do. I am hoping that my father-in-law, who is an unbelievable carpenter in his spare time, will make one for me someday.

The thing is, that I could definitely have all, or most, of these things right now (or maybe in a few months), but we're currently saving for a house to put all of these things in. So, I'm trying to figure out which should come first... the chicken or the egg? The nice furniture or the house to put them in?

Part of me says buy the furniture now, because it's not going to be in stock forever, and buying the house, while sill far off, will prolong buying the nice furniture even further...

The other part of me says, buy the house first, because maybe your wonderful, sweet, talented father-in-law will build you the furniture someday.

Someday.

I say that a lot, considering I am the ultimate pessimist. I guess I'm trying to turn over a new leaf...

we'll see.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers