Recent Posts

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Curtain Convert

As a teenager, I couldn't wait for my mother to take down my bedroom curtains.  They were white and frilly, with pastel tulips on the fabric, and had equally frilly tiebacks.  I don't know why I hated them so much, but I always preferred the streamlined look of bare windows as opposed to my mom's masses of ruffles. 


In our apartment, we have really gross windows.  The kind of windows that are wide and slide open, with no paned glass.  I hate them even more than I hated my mom's curtains.  It never occurred to me, however, that curtains were an important design element.  Recently, on a trip to Ikea, I picked up some curtain panels and rods and decided to give it a go.  I have to say that I'm completely in love with the way the curtains have transformed our bedroom.  Completely. 



It's amazing how they diffuse the light to make the room all "glowy."  We used the Lill curtains as the sheer layer and Matilda as the top layer, which is also a bit sheer. 
blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers