Recent Posts

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Purple Heart.

 

I've been wanting to do a project like this for a long time, but didn't have the vintage stamps with which to do it.  Finally, I came across Verde Studio, an Etsy shop loaded with tons of vintage stamp collections.  The thing I love about this shop, is that she sells color blocks of stamps.  She sells both used and unused stamps, so if you're looking for some cool vintage stamps for your correspondence, check it out.  

Anyway, this project was a piece of cake.  I just arranged all of my stamps on a piece of paper to get a shape I liked, then glued them all down and put it in a frame.  Simple.  It seriously only took me twenty minutes, max.  I did use acid-free glue, so that it won't damage the stamps, if I decide to keep this piece for ever and ever (unlikely).  I love that the stamps are used, so they have all kinds of postage markings on them to make it a little bit more interesting. 

I think I got this idea from somewhere, but I can't remember where I saw it... 

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers