Recent Posts

Monday, March 1, 2010

Poppies on a rainy Saturday night.

I've always been a huge fan of botanical illustrations and paintings, but have never been able to find any to buy (I probably haven't been looking hard enough, or at all).  I have always loved drawing, so I figured that I could just make one of my own.  I drew up a sketch of a poppy a few months ago and finally got around to using the watercolors my grandmother gave me this past Saturday night:



It's not a traditional botanical illustration with the diagramming of seed pods and petals and such, but it didn't take very long, considering I haven't touched watercolors in at least 14 years.  It's not perfect (the highlights are a bit off), but it's a start, and I finally convinced myself that watercolors aren't as scary as I thought they were.... not impossible, at least!

I had an extremely creative weekend, and have a couple more posts lined up for the week to show you what I was up to...  Hope you all had a fabulous weekend and are easing into the week with an easy Monday! 

If you have a Case of the Mondays, however, check out Melita's blog for a little pick-me-up!
blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers