Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November

I'm always inspired when I see people set public goals for themselves, so I decided to give it a try. 

November isn't my favorite month.  In fact, were it not for the days off from work, I would probably deem it my least favorite calendar month.  I don't have any particular reason for disliking November, it's just kind of a "blah" month for me.  I don't really like Thanksgiving.  I am annoyed that Christmas commercials are already invading my television.  The leaves are falling off the trees, but there's not a real chance of snow yet.  See?  Blah.  I'm hoping that setting a few goals will help me find more appreciation for this sad, place-holder of a month.  I haven't put a great deal of thought into these goals, but I've been meaning to incorporate them into my life every month.  I'm hoping that putting them out here for all to see will encourage me to actually do them. 

1. Cook more, eat take-out less (and start using vegetables as a main course instead of as a side dish).
2. Keep the apartment cleaner by doing chores every day instead of letting them pile up.
3. Make my holiday cards so that I can give them to people other than family members (last year I was way late in finishing them and never sent them to anyone.)
4. Make at least one new item to add to my Etsy shop.
5. Exercise 30 minutes a day, three days a week.
6. Start getting ideas for Christmas gifts and start shopping before the rush hits.
7. Spend less money on things I don't need and save money for things we do need (like a house); start outlining a budget.

I think that's a good start (and maybe a little over-zealous). 

In other news, Starbucks Red Cups are out today, along with their holiday seasonal drinks (peppermint mocha is my favorite!)  I don't know why, but this is always one of my favorite days of the year.  I get so excited for the holiday season -- the weather, the coziness, the family togetherness...  I love to do all sorts of cheesy nostalgic things too, and always try to find new traditions to start. 

Maybe November isn't all bad... it is the month of Red Cups, afterall...
blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers