Recent Posts

Thursday, May 6, 2010

DeCordova Museum

Do you ever have days where you don't want to get out of bed, or you just want to putz around in your pajamas all day?  I do.  I start to get especially withdrawn when I have a lot of stress or anxiety in my life.  It's not healthy, but I've always found that it's easier (on everyone) if I just hunker down and let it pass.  Two weeks ago, I made plans to spend the day with a friend over the weekend.  We've been wanting to meet up for a "photography date," in order to just walk around taking photographs of whatever struck us as interesting.  The week had been rough for me, so I was already feeling like I wanted to just stay in all weekend and mope, regardless of the fact that it was going to be the first beautiful weekend in weeks.  As we were discussing our plans Friday evening, I could feel that little voice in my head nagging me to call it off and postpone for another week.  I didn't want to cancel, because I haven't actually seen my friend since Christmas, so I decided to suck it up and weather the storm outside in the sunshine instead of cooped up in my bed, watching dvr'ed episodes of Gossip Girl.  I'm glad I did, because it was a really therapeutic afternoon!  It's good to have people to talk to that understand the things you're going through, and I'm so grateful for the friends I do have that I can talk to on a regular basis when life gets a little too heavy. 

The DeCordova Museum in Lincoln, MA is a modern/contemporary art museum in a beautiful area, near Walden Pond and historic Concord.  The museum itself was closed for the day, but it didn't really matter, because the sculpture park is huge.  We spent a few hours walking "the grounds" and barely covered everything.  Below are some of my favorite sculptures and photos from the day:


 It was really sunny out, so the photos weren't as great as I would have liked, but it really is an interesting place if you ever get a chance to visit. 




 
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers