Recent Posts

Monday, March 15, 2010

Flood Watch 2010

As many of you know or may have heard, we are getting hit with a major rain/wind storm here.  I am lucky enough to live next to a creek, so this is what my parking lot and street look like: 


(please excuse the crappiness of the photos... I was trying to be quick so my camera would stay dry)

Our street and surrounding our building have turned into a miniature river with a pretty strong current, as I found out wading in it last night (the water was just to my knees).  We moved our cars to higher ground yesterday afternoon, so at least they're out of harm's way.  As of this morning, James (who is 6'3") said the water was above his knees when he went outside, and I decided that all 5'2" of me should stay inside.  Luckily, I live on the top floor, so I'm not concerned about damage to our apartment, but they've already evacuated two buildings down the street, and we're supposed to get 1-2 more inches of rain by tomorrow morning.  We haven't lost power and our building is relatively dry so far.  Hopefully, we will be able to stay here and the waters will start to recede by this evening... Keep your fingers crossed!
blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers