Recent Posts

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Spaghetti Squash Virgins.

For someone who grew up eating rather gourmet food (i.e. oysters on the half shell, lobster fra diavolo, steak au poivre), there are many foods, especially vegetables, that I have not tried.  My family always stuck to the staple vegetables and never really strayed very far away.  I made it a point to try some different veggies this year, including artichokes and roasted beets.  I've always been meaning to try spaghetti squash, and I finally caved last night and tried this recipe for Spaghetti Squash with Jalapeño Cream, which I saw on stephmodo.


image from here.


We switched it up a bit, omitting the steeped jalapeños step (I can't do really spicy foods), and adding frozen corn to the mixture for some extra flavor since we skipped a step.  We topped the casserole with a mix of shredded Monterey and Pepper Jack cheeses, and it was delicious.  Ours was a bit on the runny side, so next time I will make sure that the sauce thickens a bit.  It made a really great main course (very filling), or side dish.  James liked it so much that he bought a bunch of spaghetti squash to run as a side special in the restaurant (and this is coming from a guy who swears that he does not like cooked vegetables that aren't potatoes). 

Tonight, I'm making my new favorite soup, and watching some of my favorite Halloween movies (more details on that later), with a hot cup of tea or cocoa.

Don't forget that Charlie Brown is on ABC tonight at 8!!
blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers