Recent Posts

Friday, June 12, 2009

Comedy Club Rendezvous

Last night, we went to a fundraiser that a coworker of mine was sponsoring for her PanMass Challenge ride. She held the fundraiser at Giggles Comedy Club, inside the Prince Pizzeria, a Route 1 landmark:


image from here.

There was a raffle (I won a spa basket and my friend won me a Starbucks basket), a scary woman who looked a lot like Aileen Wuornos, and all you can eat mediocre pizza. The comedians were decent for a small venue. My favorite was Al Ducharme, who reminded me of Dana Carvey. It was probably one of the strangest collections of people I'd ever seen in my life, barring the time I spent an evening at a Hampton Beach karaoke competition.


these are my coworkers... and they weren't even the weirdest people there.


i really liked that these two older people were there. I think that they were family members of one of the PanMass riders, but it tickled me pink that they were there, because they were grossly out of place!

All in all, it was a good night, and for a great cause! I had fun, James actually had a little bit of fun, and we had our fill of mediocre pizza and people.

* all photos taken by me (or my friend, K) unless otherwise noted.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers