Recent Posts

Friday, April 24, 2009

i have a thing for kitchens...

I am a huge fan of taking images from magazines and the internet and stuffing them all into my "future home" binder. I pictures of collect rooms, lighting fixtures, carpets, furniture, bedding, anything that would fit into the decor of my ideal home, and put them all in one place.

James has made it very clear to me that he will have creative control over the kitchen when we finally have our own house. Our styles are a little different, but I've come to love a lot of the things that he wants in there, like industrial kitchen equipment, a gigantic hood system, black and white checkered floors... My requirements include: white cabinets with paned glass windows so you can see all the dishes, a dropped sink (farmhouse style), or a sink in the center island, and mossy green accents. Here are a few of my favorite kitchens...



image from here.


image from here.


image from here.


image from here.


image from here.


image from here.


image from here.


Kate Spade's Manhattan kitchen, from here.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers